Thursday 25 May 2017

A Nautical Theme


Hi Folks

Today I would like to share a nautical themed card using a JOFY stamp from PaperArtsy for the main feature.  In case you would like to get your hands on this stamp and it is certainly one of my favourites, it is JOFY Mini 17.



For the background I have used a Creative Expressions pinpoint embossing folder called Ocean Waves and to finish I have die cut the ship's wheel from Sue Wilson's Nautical Accessories CED21004.  I cut this from white card, coloured it with a brown alcohol marker and when it was completely dry I put a good thick coat of Glossy Accents on it.  Sadly the gloss is completely lost in this picture but it did look like polished mahogany on the real thing - honest!

Well that is my little offering for today - I hope this finds you fit and well and enjoying the sunshine.

Bye for now
Anne
x

6 comments:

  1. Ann this is a delight - love that embossing folder, and it is perfect for the theme of you card. The wheel must look fabulous IRL
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, super design. I bought this embossing folder recently at a craft fair, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. It makes a perfect background for your card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog - nice to 'meet' you!

    Love your card - the embossed background is just perfect for the theme.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Ann, this is such a great card, I really thank you fir popping over and saying hi and love what you did with with this folder...and that stamp it's really cute!!
    I'm not sure if you scrolled down but the post below one you commented upon, I used this folder too, and it's in black card, inked up afterwards with glacier blue interference ink, and oh 'tis gorgeous!!!!! Here link.
    https://calligraphycards-shazinoz.blogspot.com.au/2017/05/woyww-416-8-years-today-romanian-cards.html
    Hugs Shaz.x
    ps love this stamp and had to pop over to Paperartsy. Oh, a shame they're over in U.K. Their stamps are sooooo nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super card Anne, such a lovely stamp and your embossed background is perfect.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super tag card Anne. The stamp is lovely and works so well on a tag. I love the embellishments too. The little wave die looks great. Thank you for your recent lovely comment. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete