When it comes to buying more stuff for my stash, I am an absolute pushover for anything nautical or if it features a seascape. It doesn't matter whether it is a new stamp set, paper pad or stencil, if it has the sea included somewhere in the design, then it is in my shopping basket before you can say "shiver my timbers!"
If I'm working on something purely for my own amusement, it could be a page in my art journal, a card or even an MDF project the marine theme materialises before I know it!
Having said all that, it is by way of an explanation for this sneaky little number.
The image stamp I have used is from Claritystamp Ltd and it is called Sailor Round
To create the card:
- Watercolour wash a background using blue sparkle pen
- Stamp the image in Versafine Onyx Black and heat emboss with clear powder
- Colour image with mica based watercolour paints
- Stamp words using Claritystamp Letterbox stamps on scrap card
- Fussy cut the words and mount on project with foam pads
- Mat and layer on to dark blue card and then on to white card base
I hope you have enjoyed this little distraction from the worry that surrounds us all at the present time.
Thank you for joining me today. Your company and comments are very much appreciated.