Thursday 20 September 2018

Birds Roosting


Hello Crafty Friends,

I have recently added some rather lovely 'Fresh Cut Dies' to my stash. These have been designed and produced by Claritystamp



.

 
 

It has been really good fun to play with sticky stuff and gilding flakes once again, as they have been lurking in the back of my crafty cupboard for ages! 


The first card I shared in 2018 gave a pretty detailed step by step of the same process I used here, so I will just share a few pictures and words on how this one has been made.



Step 1:  Cut the Birds Roosting Aperture die in a piece of 5¾" square black card.





Step 2:  Keep all the die cut pieces in place and remove the die. Press the reverse cut side onto a square of Cricut Transfer sheet and lightly burnish with a ball tool to make sure all the die cut elements are in contact with the transfer sheet.




Step 3:  Remove the square die cut frame, leaving all the loose bits (the negative of the die cut) on the transfer paper. These bits will make another card later.


Step 4: Cut a piece of scrap card 4½" square and cover it with double sided adhesive sheet. Remove the protective carrier paper and cover the sticky surface with gilding flakes.  Burnish well so that all the flakes are in contact with the sticky sheet and brush away any remaining dust.  



Step 5:  Affix the black die cut frame over the gilding flakes background. Mat and layer on to an A5 card blank. Add a sentiment and embellishment to complete the card.



 

I will be back in a couple of days to show how I used the negative bits that are still sitting on the transfer sheet!

Thank you for joining me today.

Bye for now
Anne
x

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful, striking design and I love the quote. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing card Anne. Love how you created the background, and also retained the negative die cut pieces for another card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete