Saturday 22 August 2020

Four Point Blooms

 Hello Crafty Friends,

Today I would like to share a card made with Lisa Horton Crafts Four Point Blooms stamps and dies.

 

 

  • I began by stamping several of the blooms in different sizes on a sheet from Lisa's Capri paper pad, using a Versafine Onyx Black stamp pad.  Before the ink had time to dry I quickly added some clear sparkle embossing powder and heated to melt the powder.

 

 
  • I cut these out and layered to form the flowers.  They all looked  too similar for the card I had in mind, so I decided to stamp a couple of the largest size blooms using a green archival ink pad on a sheet of green spotty paper from the Dots and Spots Pastel Paper pad.

 

 
  • I then took a sheet of A4 300gsm white card from my stash and scored in the centre, so that I could create and A5 finished card.
  • With the score line in place, I masked off a panel and using a blending brush applied two shades of blue to create an ombre effect.  To make the panel more defined I drew a wiggly line using a 0.8 black pigment liner pen.


  • I then folded the card on the score line and arranged the flowers into a pattern across the shaded panel.  The first image of the card doesn't really show up the sparkle very well, so here I have zoomed in and hope you can see the effect of the embossing powder. 

 


  • To finish the card I stamped a sentiment from the Bold Words stamp set and added gems to the centre of the flowers.

I enjoyed playing around with the layout of this card as my original plan was to put the blooms in a circle with the sentiment in the centre.  Perhaps that is a card for another day!

Thank you for joining me today.  As always, your company and comments are very much appreciated.

Bye for now
x Anne

1 comment: