Wednesday 8 July 2020

Mindful Moments

Hello Crafty Friends,

Many of you will know that my favourite thing about crafting is stamping and colouring.

With this card I spent hours carefully colouring my page using alcohol marker pens.  I think this paper pad is brilliantly named Mindful Moments - because that is exactly what it gave to me.  I plugged in an audiobook and was away with fairies colouring and lost in the fictional world of the story for hours (and hours!)



If you also want to relax and escape in your own little bubble, here is what I did:
  • I chose 3 shades of blue alcohol marker pens and began by colouring the background with the lightest shade.  



  • Then I moved on to use the darker shades and filled in the mandala swirls.

  • Cut this into 4 squares 3.5" x 3.5"
  • Adhere on to squares of black card cut to 3.75" x 3.75"
  • Arrange these on an 8" x 8" white card base and adhere
  • On a scrap of white card stamp a sentiment from Lisa's Bold Words stamp set
  • Colour the open area in the word with one of the pens used in the background
  • Mat this on a piece of black card slightly larger than your sentiment piece
  • Adhere sentiment to the centre of the card and add gems to the centre of some of the swirls

I know this isn't a quick card - but then, it isn't meant to be.  Immerse yourself in the colouring.  Listen to some music, an audiobook or if you are lucky enough to have a quiet zone, simply enjoy the silence - whatever floats your boat.  But most of all, enjoy the moment!

Thank you for joining me today.  As always, your company and comments are very much appreciated.

x Anne

    6 comments:

    1. Some great colouring here and the finished card is lovely. I enjoy colouring as well for its mindfulness. I find that parchment work does it for me also.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Truly gorgeous... I love this Anne

      ReplyDelete
    3. Oh WOW, your card is stunning, Anne! It really caught my eye when it popped up in reading list. I love the colours. xx

      ReplyDelete
    4. Anne this is fabulous - love that you were able to colour and escape into a book at the same time.
      Stay safe
      Blessings
      Maxine

      ReplyDelete
    5. A simply stunning finished card Anne. Perfect. Xx

      ReplyDelete